2008 Fall Session Deadline: Tuesday, April 15, 2008
2009 Spring Session Deadline: Friday, October 31, 2008
Our application process for the LARSS program is completely electronic. Applicants should be prepared with the following
information and electronic documents, which will be required as a part of the electronic application package:
Note: When completing your application, you will have the option of doing a final submission or saving it and returning to it later
using the 9-character passcode you provided. Once submitted, you will not be able to make any changes or additions to the
- Unofficial Transcript in PDF Format. Note, if selected, you will be requested to mail an official copy of your transcript at that time.
- Resume in MS Word not to exceed two pages, which may be pasted into a text box.
- Statement of Goals in MS Word, which includes research experience and other pertinent information not
- References. Names and e-mail addresses of two references one of which must be an academic reference. References will receive a computer generated e-mail request for recommendation once application is submitted. It is a good idea to notify your reference to watch for an e-mail with LARSS in the subject line.
- Nine-digit zip code and Congressional District needed for permanent home residence and school. If needed, links are provided in the application to assist in determining
your Congressional District.
- Preferred Areas of Research. Please refer to the Langley Research Descriptions and Opportunities Link in order to indicate
your Preferred Areas of Research requested in the application. You are required to indicate at least one area of research, but may
indicate up to three areas.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT:
Once the application is successfully submitted, you will immediately receive an electronic acknowledgement. Please print for your
files. This will be the only acknowledgement you will receive.